Plan and design their associated discipline scope on multi-disciplinary projects. Project types will include building renovation/expansions and new multi-story buildings for primarily healthcare, life science projects as well as corporate, parking garages, municipal, and community-based projects.
- Solve problems proactively
- Follow-up on commitments
- Be willing to do small/large tasks
- Work accurately
- Develop technical skills and learn from past projects
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering (or similar degree) from accredited institution
- Professional Engineering License
- 10+ years relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering
Skills / Qualities:
- Strong experience preparing construction documents using discipline specific software (i.e. Trane Trace 3D/700, Carrier HAP, Revit, AutoCAD, etc.). Full production modeling is not required.
- Ability to put together a high-quality set of construction documents with HVAC equipment, ductwork and piping systems.
- Experience in plumbing/medical gas systems is a plus as well as experience in healthcare design.
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving. Experience managing parallel assignments.
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills.
- Create, communicate, implement, and manage design solutions.
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed project and discipline expectations.
- Conceptually working to develop new construction and/or renovation designs.
- Supporting project managers as part of the design process.
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings.
- Develop construction documents and design details.
- On-site construction administration and site inspection visits to assess the quality of the work.
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project team.
Professional Development, Technical Education & Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for self.
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work.
- Actively pursue personal continuing education.