Prepares cost estimates for firm’s projects by analyzing proposals, documentation and SOW requirements for project submissions.
- Solve problems proactively
- Follow-up on commitments
- Be willing to do small/large tasks
- Work accurately
- Develop technical skills and learn from past projects
- Desired Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or Construction Engineering and Management from an accredited institution.
- 10 Years of Experience in Construction Estimating.
- Professional Licensure is not required.
- Understanding of the VA, DoD and GSA estimating formats.
- Understanding of construction in both new and renovation projects.
- In depth knowledge of all design disciplines: Architecture, Interior Design, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and IT.
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client expectations.
- A desire to grow professionally.
- Experience in healthcare related projects a plus.
- Strong math skills including basic arithmetic, algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding and navigating building code(s).
- Ability to read and navigate plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform material takeoffs using REVIT, AutoCad, and/or Bluebeam, and/or Navis Works.
- Detailed oriented.
- Supporting Senior Project Manager/Project Manager as part of the design process.
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Operating company estimating system to develop estimates.
Professional Development, Technical Education and Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for self.
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work.
- Actively pursue personal continuing education by maintaining technical knowledge of estimating practices by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
If you want to build a career in architecture, civil/structural engineering, or sustainability consulting, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.