Project Engineer should possess the skills to work independently on small and medium sized civil engineering only projects as well as with other discipline leads to produce multi-discipline Construction Documents with minimal Project Manager oversight. Additionally, it would be expected that the Project Engineer would communicate their project needs with their Team Leader to obtain necessary resources to complete the work on time. Main clients are the Veterans Administration, USACE, DoD, Indianapolis DPW, Citizen’s Energy Group, and private healthcare clients. Project types will include building renovation/expansions, new multi-story buildings, parking garages, healthcare, higher education, and municipal projects.
- Solve problems proactively
- Follow-up on commitments
- Be willing to do small/large tasks
- Work accurately
- Develop technical skills and learn from past projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from accredited institution
- Professional Engineering License
- 5+ years relevant experience in Civil/Site Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Civil 3D
Skills / Qualities:
- Strong experience preparing construction documents using discipline specific software (Civil 3D, ICPR, and other Hydraulic modeling software).
- Ability to put together a high-quality set of construction documents.
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving.
- Experience managing parallel assignments.
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills.
- Create, communicate, implement, and manage design solutions.
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client expectations.
- Experience in healthcare related projects a plus
- Conceptually working to develop new construction and/or renovation designs.
- Supporting project managers as part of the design process.
- Direct EIT designers working on an assigned project.
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings.
- Develop construction documents and design details.
- On-site construction administration and site inspection visits to assess the quality of the work.
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project team
Professional Development, Technical Education & Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for self.
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work.
- Actively pursue personal continuing education.
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: email@example.com.