Guidon Design is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Led by veterans who understand how to listen and collaborate, the firm was founded by Luke Leising—licensed architect and engineer, Combat Engineer Army Officer, qualified Ranger, and service-connected disabled veteran. We are proud of our history of employing veterans and of supporting veteran causes.
Guidon Design is a dynamic +50 person A/E firm located in Indianapolis. We are known for our sustainable designs and focus on healthcare and high-profile governmental projects. We offer an energetic, young, and growing work environment with unlimited potential. As multidisciplinary designers, we collaborate to develop creative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions that help realize our clients’ goals. Typical projects include healthcare, government, housing, federal and education facilities.
As an Project Architect with Guidon Design, you will be creating high-quality construction documents and design details, supporting project managers, and traveling to job site for on-site construction administration and site inspections to assess the quality of work. You will be working in a company that listens to its clients and provides exactly what they need.
- Solve problems proactively
- Follow-up on commitments
- Be willing to do small/large tasks
- Work accurately
- Develop technical skills and learn from past projects
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Architecture from accredited institution
- Professional Licensure
- Strong experience preparing construction documents using discipline specific software
- Ability to put together a high-quality set of construction documents for commercial buildings
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client expectations
- A desire to grow professionally and work toward licensure
- Experience in healthcare related projects a plus
- LEED accreditation or ability to earn strongly desired
- Conceptually working to develop new building and renovation designs
- Supporting senior architects/engineers as part of the design process
- Attend client meetings and design review meetings
- Develop construction documents and design details
- On-site construction administration and site inspection visits to assess the quality of the work
- Coordination within a multi-disciplinary project team
Professional Development, Technical Education & Training:
- Establish annual education and training plans and goals for
- Meet or exceed professional standards of work
- Actively pursue personal continuing education
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.