Purpose of Internship:
This position will work closely with architectural staff member and primarily focus on developing floor plans, sections, and details. You will also assist with developing facility and site master plans and report. This growth opportunity is for someone looking to work within a dynamic and multi-disciplinary firm.
Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Conceptually work to develop new building and renovation designs.
- Support Senior Architects as part of the design process.
- Attend client and design review meetings with Senior Architecture staff.
- Develop construction documents and design details.
- Work with other disciplines to development and implement company initiatives that achieve the Firm’s goals.
- Seek to identify areas where the organization can improve its efforts.
- Use analytics to assess the programs and projects, and ensure we are utilizing the most efficient and effective methods to accomplish our clients’ goals.
- Above average attention to detail
- Proactive and assertive in problem-solving
- Concern for exact correctness of work
- Strong work ethic and drive to exceed client and employee expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written & orally, with a variety of stakeholders, including employees, clients, leadership, and potentially government officials
Skills / Qualities:
- Strong experience preparing construction documents using discipline specific software (Civil 3D, ICPR, and other Hydraulic modeling software)
- Ability to put together a high-quality set of construction documents
- Proactive and assertive in problem solving
- Experience managing parallel assignments
- Good written, oral communications, staff management and client relationship skills
- Create, communicate, implement, and manage design solutions
- Strong work ethic and a drive to exceed client expectations
- Experience in healthcare related projects a plus
Training will be provided for those who have little or no experience working with preferred software.
- Understanding of Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Illustrator), AutoCAD, and Sketchup preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills, with the ability to layout and format professional design or planning reports.
- Establish goals addressing technology, capabilities, education, and training for Internship requirements and personal development.
- Meet or exceed internship requirements.
Applicants can submit a formal resume/portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.